Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Staples Out and Other Developments

Today I get my staples removed.  It should only sting a little.  Thanks to a card I got while in the hospital, I now understand that is medical lingo for "This will hurt quite a bit, there will be blood, some crying, and possibly one of us may pass out".  I will try to post some pictures of the process.  (My dad wants to be there to see what kind of implement they use and how they are removed.  He also wants to take pictures.)

I am waking up into headaches every day.  The swelling in my face is persistent and seems to develop on the side that I roll my head to when I sleep.  I have tried icing that side of my face during the night, propping my head straight with pillows, using multiple ice packs, but...  still the headaches and still the swelling.  The pain is about a 6 or 6.5 when I awake, but this quickly reduces to a manageable 4 as I wake up and can focus on other things.  I will be asking my docotor today about mitigating factors to this swelling.  Maybe there is something that can be done to reduce it throughout the day, like extra walking, taking water pills, something.

I am also picking up a set of CT scans I had taken during my ER in-patient admission.  I had a copy burned on to a disk for me to pick up because so far, I have ALL my Radiology images.  Can't break up a set now.  When I get them, I will be able to see the extent of bone replacement that they performed and howm many plates and screws went in afterwards.  I will DEFINITELY post some of these images.

Short post for now, but maybe will have more stuff later.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment