Monday, January 4, 2010

Arrived in Dallas

Melissa and I left for Dallas at 9:08 am this morning.  We arrived at 5:30 p.m.  The trip was uneventful.  We checked into our hotel to find the room wholly inadequate.  It smelled of wet cigarettes, the TV would not connect to my XBOX 360, the filter in the coffee pot was untended since the last tenant (and jusging by the mold in it, that was some time ago).  It looked like the front door had been kicked in and the security bolt replaced.  In other words, unsatisfactory. 

I took the coffee filter up to the front desk and asked if this room was the best they had to offer.  She showed us two other rooms.  Each had it's pros.  The first one smelled great and looked freshly remodeled.  The second one was dank and musty, but had a new tv that would hook up to my XBOX. 

Melissa made me choose the first room. 

I still haven't given up on trying to get one of those other TV's in here, though.

So, now we are moved in to the room where Melissa and I will spend 3 weeks.  We have unpacked our clothes, games, food, snacks, etc. and are settling in.  Here are a few pictures of the place.


No comments:

Post a Comment