Monday, January 18, 2010

A Special Thanks!

I forgot to mention that before I was released from the hospital, my martial arts instructor, Aaron Locke, came to visit me in the hospital.  He was in town for a meeting of masters for our form.  After a long day of meetings, he stopped by to see me at about 11 pm.  I was very much still awake and so appreciated his visit I couldn't express to him how much.

He brought me a card, signed by the folks at my school, and I wanted to say Thank You to all of them for thinking of me.  I'll be back, guys.  There seems to be some discrepancy on when, exactly, but they all agree that I will be back.

Master Locke talked to me about the meetings he was in, we talked about other generalities, and then he walked with me around the wing I was in.  It is a small wing, so it feels like a tiny circle if you make more than 5 or 6 laps.  But he walked with me and let me talk about what it was like being there, some of the things I had gone through, and did a wonderful job of listening patiently.  He doesn't think he handles things like this well, but he did a wonderful job for a student and a friend at just the right time.

He stayed with me until I could no longer walk around the floor and other needs were calling.  So I left him to go back to his meeting place and then back to Kansas City.

Master Locke and the staff and fellow students at Locke's Karate:   Kahm sah ham nee dah!

No comments:

Post a Comment