Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bravery is Over-Rated

The sun has a tendency to drive away persistent fears. No shadows lurk, no secrets abide, no lingering doubt exists when the bold light of the sun shines down.

When the sun is out it's easy to be brave. But when it goes down... Things get tricky. It's tough to be brave when your guts are twisted, every second is an effort to keep your lunch down, when you have to distract yourself with a million different things to keep from thinking about the darkness that surrounds you.

Not that I'M like that, mind you. I have this thing licked (it is daylight out... Right?) And the only discomfort I have been subjected to is a little lost sleep. The end result is a grumpy Kurt. A poked, prodded, stabbed, irradiated, grumpy Kurt.

So, for my family's benefit, I have decided to forego bravery and call the Doctor's Office for some meds. They have prescribed me two pills of Atavan. It ain' t Valium, but... whatever!

With a little help from my chemical friends I found out you don't NEED bravery; entirely overrated, been done to death, bravery. So, here's to tonight with all the horrors that darkness holds.

Kiss my ass! (Pardon my French)
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kurt -

    Been thinking about you and checking your blog everyday. I hope everything goes well tomorrow. Sounds like you are in pretty great hands with amazing doctors and an awesome wife. Perhaps Melissa could make a blog post sometime after the surgery to keep us updated?? I'm sure she'll have other things on her mind, but it's just a thought.

    I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

    Love and prayers from all of us at Standard.

    Steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to read every entry, Kurt, to hear how you are doing. YES, bravery is overrated.
    I agree it would be awesome if Melissa could keep us posted if she has time.
    I continue to pray for you. Hang in there.
    Love,
    Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete