Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oxycodone Reached Its End

Unfortunately the oxycodone is nearing the end of its usefulness.  I thought this was a symptom of something else, but I have been paying close attention and now I am certain.  Approximately 30 minutes after I take the medication, the oxycodone starts to take effect.  I start feeling better, lighter, a bit nauseous.  The nausea quickly goes away only to be replaced by a heaviness in my chest, a sense of mild claustrophobia or anxiety.  My breathing becomes shallow and I find myself purposefully taking deeper lungfuls of air to compensate.  It's a bit scary, actually

I am now sure that this is caused by my meds.  So, I am off oxycodone.  Instead of that I took NORCO tonight, which is hydrocodone and Tylenol.  I am giving this another try as I never really got the feel for whether it was helpful or not.

Tomorrow I call my pain management doctor and let him know.

No comments:

Post a Comment