Friday, February 5, 2010

Filler

I've nothing new to report.  I am slowly getting better.  The numb areas in my forehaed persist and my swelling has returned as I stubbornly refuse to stay in an elevated position while I sleep.  My left eye is still swollen and discolored enough to keep the eyelid from opening fully. 

My scar is burning in fewer areas than it was.  The lumpy areas left by improperly matched edges of the incision are gettting smaller and the evenign pain is MUCH less than it was.  Which is good as I am using no pain killers.  In fact, I am back to taking no exra medications at all.

I am using my icepacks more extensively again, though.

I stopped by to see my peers at my martial arts school.  They are doing well.  Master Instructor Locke has asked that I join him in helping around the school as I am able.  I have agreed so at the very least I can dress out in my uniform and feel like I am participating.  I may be unable to kick and punch, but I can still do most of my forms and show others how to do them as well.  That will be fun.

I have been up and about, cleaned house, been out ang gone shopping, and even done some cooking.  It looks as if I will live.

3 comments:

  1. We're glad to hear you're feeling better and don't have the need for pain meds anymore, Kurt! Perhaps, the swelling will subside soon and the feeling will return over time. A long way to a full recovery no doubt, but you're doing great! Keeping busy is a must, and it's great that you're going down to help out with your martial arts class! When will you see your doc again?

    Kurt, you have been through an awful lot. Through sharing not only your surgery, but your recovery too, along with your thoughts, self-advocacy,fears and strength, you have become a great inspiration to others! Thanks for sharing your journey!

    Our prayers continue-

    Tanya and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurt, I'm glad to hear things are continuing to get better, slowly but surely. It is frustrating not being able to do much. That's cool that you can start going to martial arts and helping out there. I need to tell my boyfriend Jim about your stainless steel adventures. He is very into cooking!

    Sorry to hear you have been having anxiety attacks, but at least you know that's what it is. That does NOT make you a hypochondriac. It makes you a normal person who has been through a lot!!

    We had a slight wreck in my car on Christmas Day and Shari banged her legs really hard on the dashboard. No blood or broken bones, but she had deep hematomas in both legs and even 6 weeks or so out, she is still having numbness in parts of her legs. And that was a pretty minor injury compared to what you went through. It takes a long time for injured nerves to get back to normal.

    Let me know when you are able and in the mood to either have company or go out to dinner, and we can all get together and you and Melissa can meet Jim.

    Love you guys!!! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that you're doing so well! We've been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete