Monday, December 21, 2009

Tragedy Averted!

Today we almost postponed the surgery. Due to a gap between the time when we needed funds to when they actually became available, we were almost unable to afford to make the trip to Dallas anytime soon.

However, in the nick of time, we were able to make super special arrangements and no such postponement was necessary. Whew! Crisis bypassed. I can't believe how close I came to missing my own surgery.

However, I still have not heard from the Dallas Institute about my surgical plan. There is some pre-testing that they would like to perform in the days leading up to the surgery. However, I still do not know what these tests are, when they are scheduled, etc. I will have to call them tomorrow and request additional information.

Speaking of testing, I have made a spreadsheet of costs. I have given some thought to trying to keep track of the services provided, how much my insurance company was billed, how much they paid, how much I paid, how much had to be written off due to contractual obligations, etc. Melissa says there is not much interest in that kind of thing, but then... I'm not writing this for you. I'm writing it for me.

If I want to bore myself with facts and figures I should be able to do so. Am I right? (Or am I mentally compromised?) Am I talking to myself again? Great! I'm a wonderful conversationalist. What shall we discuss next?

1 comment: