Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!

Melissa and I drove to Louisville today. And yesterday. In fact, we were supposed to drive for 9 hours straight thru starting this morning, but we got word. There was to be a veritable white-out in Kansas City this morning. Ice, fog, sleet, hail, rain, fire, you know... The whole nine yards.

So we left. We just looked at each other, simultaneously suggested we leave early, when it was just raining, and we packed and left.

We drove until I got tired (12:30 am) and stayed at a Comfort Inn on I-70 in Kingdom City. We slept in, woke up this morning and left again for Louisville. At 11 am I looked at Melissa and said "You know, if we had gotten up at 5 am this morning, packed, left at 8 am and drove straight thru, we'd be right about.... here!"

Some might ask how this is relevant to my surgery. It's not. I'm having intracranial surgery and might come out looking like The Hunchback of Notre Dame (don't ask me how. It could happen). So, leave the blogging to me.

Anyway, we drove the rest of the way to Louisville uneventfully and we are spending Christmas with my mom. Happy Merry to everyone! Have a great Holiday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment